End User Licence Agreement
This end user license agreement ("EULA") is applicable to your use of the Extension (as described below) offered to you by ALPIA Europe Limited ("Alpia"). Please read this EULA carefully so that you know what your rights and obligations are when using the Extension. By using the Extension in any way whatsoever, you accept to be bound to this EULA. You hereby warrant that you are fully authorized to enter into this agreement with Alpia. If you do not accept this EULA, do not use this Extension. You may not use this Extension unless you are over 13 years of age or have obtained prior consent of your parent or legal guardian before using this Extension. You can download this EULA here: http://search.alpia.info/docs/eula.html.
For the purpose of this EULA, "Extension" is defined as a software program for internet browsers published, distributed or otherwise made available by ALPIA, including any updates, upgrades or other additions or alterations and all accompanying documentation, manuals, instructions, packaging and other written files, electronic or on-line materials or documentation, and any and all copies of such Extension and its materials.
Clause 1 Limited license
- 1.1 The Extension is licensed, not sold. Subject to your agreement to and continued compliance with this EULA, ALPIA hereby grants to you a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, nonsublicensable, non-exclusive license to use the Extension onto a personal computers, mobile phones, consoles or other devices owned by you in conjunction for your non-commercial purposes only. The foregoing license does not permit you to do any of the following, and you agree that the violation of any of the following will constitute an infringement of Alpia's (copy)rights:
- 1.1.1 You may not sell, license or transfer the Extension, or any reproductions thereof, to any person or entity;
- 1.1.2 You may not develop, distribute or host any server or program designed to interact with the Extension or to redirect or emulate the communications protocols used by ALPIA;
- 1.1.3 You may not decompile for interoperability, make copies to test or study the Extension, copy, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code from, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on the Extension or any portion thereof;
- 1.1.4 You may not develop, distribute or use any third party program designed to impact the Extension, including without limitation Extension bots, cheats, hacks or any other Extension designed to provide a user of the extension with an advantage;
- 1.1.5 You may not exploit the Extension, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose.
- 1.2 The license granted herein confers no title or ownership in the Extension and should not be construed as a sale of any rights to the Extension. All right, title and interest in and to the Extension and any and all copies thereof, including without limitation any and all titles, code, technology, themes, objects, concepts, artwork, texts and other materials are owned by ALPIA or its licensors.
- 1.3 ALPIA may take technological measures to protect the Extension and individual parts thereof. You may not remove or circumvent such technological measures.
- 1.4 It is not allowed to remove, make illegible, hide or change notifications with regard to IP-Rights.
- 1.5 Nothing in this EULA is meant to assign any IP-Rights to you. You shall not perform any acts that may infringe upon the IP-Rights of ALPIA such as registering domain names or trademarks that are similar or identical to any object of which Alpia has the IP-Rights. "IP-Rights" shall mean all intellectual property rights and associated rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, patents, model rights, trade name rights, database rights and neighboring rights as well as rights to know-how and proprietary information.
- 1.6 You acknowledge that ALPIA may suffer irreparable damage if you breach any of the provisions governing license limitations or ownership. If you breach either of these provisions, you shall be liable for all damages and reasonable attorneys' fees.
Clause 2 Third Party Content
- 2.1 The Extension may enable access to third-party services and websites ("Third Party Content"). In addition, you acknowledge that ALPIA, its partners may use certain features and/or monetization tools that display certain information and content to you while using the Extensions including without limitation systems updates, service announcements, administrative messages regarding the service, advertisements, coupons, sponsored messages, photographs, graphics and information about the Extensions. The availability of such Third Party Content via the Extension does not imply that Alpia has approved or checked this content. You understand that by using the Extension and/or any of the Third Party Content, you may be exposed to content from a variety of sources, and that Alpia is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content. You may be exposed to content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Alpia with respect thereto. Alpia therefore does not accept any responsibility or liability for third party content nor for any use of third party content. You may not opt out of receiving Third Party Content.
Clause 3 Updates
- 3.1 ALPIA may apply patches, updates and modifications (collectively, "Updates") to the Extension which will be available in the Chrome Store to download at your convenience.
Clause 4 Your Use of the Extension
- 4.1 You are responsible and liable for any activities performed by you with respect to the Extension, Notwithstanding the other provisions of this EULA, any use of the Extension by you shall not (a) be misleading, (b) contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots or other software which might damage, render useless or inaccessible, delete or appropriate an automated work or data, or which are meant to bypass technical protection measures of the Extension and/or the computer systems of ALPIA, (c) consist of taking a false identity or untruthfully suggest that you are affiliated with Alpia, (d) contravene this EULA or any applicable legislation or regulations, (e) infringe on the rights of Alpia or third parties including any IP-Rights (as described below) or privacy related rights, (f) be otherwise unlawful in any way whatsoever or (g) harm the interests or good name of Alpia.
- 4.2 Any technical facilities required in order to be able to use the Extension, including but not limited to, hardware and the availability of an internet connection as well as the costs of their use, will be at your own expense.
Clause 5 Changing your Internet Browser Settings
- 5.1 As part of the installing of the Extension, ALPIA, its partners may offer changes to your internet browser settings. This change if approved by you can be reconfigured by you at any time from the options dialog available on your internet browser. Such changes may include the following:
- a) The homepage of your internet browser
- b) The default search engine in your internet browser's built-in search box
- c) The page displayed when opening a new tab
Clause 6 Information collected about the user
- 6.1 Extension sends a configuration request when you start your browser. This request includes only data such as browser type, OS, country and non-personal browser activity. In addition, occasionally Extension platform may send a request to ALPIA, its affiliates servers to check for new version releases.
- 6.2 All of the collected information is kept strictly anonymous, is non-personally identifiable, and is used only for purposes of delivering better search services and content in accordance with your preferences.
Clause 7 Liability and guarantees
- 7.1 You accept and agree that the Extension, including al content thereof, is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. ALPIA excludes any explicit and tacit guarantees, undertakings and warranties of any nature whatsoever including, but not limited to, guarantees, undertakings and warranties with regard to the quality, safety, lawfulness, integrity or accuracy of the Extension.
- 7.2 ALPIA does not guarantee that the Extension will be accessible at all times and without any interruptions or failures, for instance as a result of failures in the internet or phone connection, by viruses, faults/defects or caused by third parties whom Alpia uses in rendering its Extension. Alpia is not liable or obliged to you to pay compensation in any way whatsoever for any damage resulting or arising from the Extension being unavailable or broken down (temporarily or permanently).
- 7.3 ALPIA may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Extension at any time, and may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Extension without liability. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Extension.
- 7.4 The Extension may contain references to specific software or ALPIA products that may not be (readily) available in a particular country or region. Any such reference does not imply or warrant that any such products or services shall be available at any time in any particular country.
- 7.5 Any and all liability of ALPIA, whether based upon attributable failure, tort or otherwise, is fully excluded, including for, but not limited to, damages resulting from or in connection with the use of the Extension or the impossibility of using it or pursuant to an unlawful act or otherwise, insofar as such exclusion is allowed.
- 7.6 Your only remedy for allegedly suffered damages is to discontinue the use of the Extension.
- 7.7 To the extent that ALPIA may, despite of the above, still be liable for any damages, it shall only be liable for compensation of direct damages. Direct damages are understood exclusively to mean material damages to property, reasonable costs incurred to prevent or limit direct damages and reasonable costs incurred to determine the cause of the direct damages, the liability and the method of repair. In no event shall Alpia or any of its affiliates be liable for any indirect damages, such as but not limited to, damages for loss of business, profit, contract, data or information.
- 7.8 If and to the extent that ALPIA may be liable for damages of whatever nature, its liability is in any event limited to an amount of USD 1,000(one thousand US Dollars).
- 7.9 You guarantee to ALPIA that you are entitled to make use of the Extension in the manner as contemplated in this EULA.
- 7.10 ALPIA does not bear any responsibility nor assumes any risks if by any reason the Extension breaches national law of any state. Those who use the Extension do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with their national laws.
Clause 8 Indemnification
- 8.1 You fully indemnify and hold harmless ALPIA against any and all claims by third parties based on the allegation that any activities performed by you in using the Extension are in any way unlawful. This includes, without limitation, any activities that are in violation of Clause 4.1 hereof or that constitute an infringement on any IP-Rights.
- 8.2 You fully indemnify and hold harmless ALPIA against all claims by third parties on any ground whatsoever with regard to compensation for losses, costs or interests in connection with or resulting from your use of the Extension and/or a violation of this EULA and/or any rights of third parties.
Clause 9 Term and termination
- 9.2 You are entitled to discontinue the use of the Extension at any time.
Clause 10 Miscellaneous, Applicable Law and Competent Court
- 10.1 This EULA shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Cyprus, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the laws of Cyprus or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of laws of any other jurisdiction other than those of the laws of Cyprus. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the matters contemplated hereunder shall be instated exclusively in any court of competent jurisdiction in Limassol or Nicosia, Cyprus and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding and waives any objection based on improper venue or forum non conveniens. Service of process, summons, notice or other document by mail to such party�s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action or other proceeding brought in any such court.
- 10.2 This EULA includes all the arrangements that you and ALPIA have made in this respect. They replace all previous arrangements and agreements that you has made or concluded with Alpia in this respect. Verbal communications, undertakings or arrangements have no legal force unless they have been confirmed in writing.
- 10.3 ALPIA is allowed to assign any rights and obligations resulting from this EULA to third parties without informing you of this.
- 10.4 Notwithstanding any legislative or legal obligations applicable to ALPIA, in relation to you Alpia will not be obliged to keep any archived agreement accessible.
- 10.5 If this EULA are or become partly invalid, you remain bound by the remaining part. ALPIA will replace the invalid part by clauses which will be valid and of which the legal consequences - considering the conditions and purpose of this EULA - correspond as much as possible with those of the invalid part.
- 10.6 No waiver of any default, condition or breach of this EULA shall constitute a waiver of any other default, condition or breach of this EULA, whether of a similar nature or otherwise.
- 10.7 ALPIA is entitled to amend, update or supplement this EULA at any time. You will be asked to review and agree to the revised version of the EULA once it becomes effective. If you do not agree to a revised EULA, you will not be permitted to continue using the Extension.
- 10.8 By using the Extension after this EULA has been amended or updated, you irrevocably accept the new EULA. If you do not agree with any amendments, updates or supplements, your only remedy is to no longer use the Extension.
ALPIA operates the http://search.alpia.info website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer's hard drive.
Our website uses these "cookies" to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
This extension changes your search engine on the New Tab and Default Search Powered by Bing
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
OUR EXPERIENCE: 15 years online publishing experience. BUILT WITH LOVE. All of our products are crafted with care and we strive to make the users experience an easy one. Enhance you browser experience and new tabs and quickly searchthe webs most popular sites.
We build own and operate our own extensions and products that allow users to be more productive online and strive to provide features that are useful and aesthetically pleasing.
Terms of Service ("Terms")
Last updated: September 30, 2017
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the http://search.alpia.info website (the "Service") operated by ALPIA ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Intellectual Property The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of ALPIA and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United Kingdom and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Alpia.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by ALPIA.
ALPIA has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Alpia shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ALPIA and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, or b) a breach of these Terms.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall ALPIA, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
ALPIA its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing and notwithstanding any other provision of these terms, under no circumstances will ALPIA ever be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary loss or damage arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of the Service, these Terms, the subject matter of these Terms, the termination of these Terms or otherwise, including but not limited to personal injury, loss of data, business, markets, savings, income, profits, use, production, reputation or goodwill, anticipated or otherwise, or economic loss, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability or any other theory or law or equity), regardless of any negligence or other fault or wrongdoing (including without limitation gross negligence and fundamental breach) by Alpia or any person for whom Alpia is responsible, and even if Alpia has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you must stop using the service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
ALPIA UNINSTALL GUIDE
GOOGLE CHROME GUIDE
- Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon Remove an extension from Chrome by the ALPIA extension you'd like to completely remove.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
Write to us
5 Telegraph Lane